Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Follies: Of cell phone hacking and nekkid pictures...

..as some of you may have heard, there is a separate phone hacking scandal going on in the world that actually doesn't involve Satan and his offspring at NewsCorpse Inc. This one involves a single low-life in Florida who hacked into the phones and e-mails of celebrities with the aim of getting information and/or pics that he could sell to the tabloids. Well, he hit the proverbial jackpot when he hacked into Scarlett Johansson's phone. You see, she had used it to take pictures of herself, sans clothing, and this industrious perv snagged 'em and put them on the interwebs for everyone to see. After 30 or 40 minutes of looking at all of those naked pictures myself, I came to the conclusion that this was an awful violation of her privacy.

But then I got to thinking "wait a minute, who keeps naked pictures of themselves on their phone?"...I would totally understand if her boyfriend/shagging partner/lucky git had pictures of her in the all-together, that would make total sense, but who is narcissistic enough to keep pictures of themselves on their own phone? Isn't the whole point of smart phones the fact that you can use them to take pictures of other naked people? Did she need to hold onto them them in case she forget what she looked like nude? Maybe she kept them in case she got pulled over by the Fuzz, you know,  'I am so sorry officer, I didn't mean to run that busload of nuns off the road, by the way, want to see some pictures of me naked?' But then again, most Hollywood types don't get tickets (unless they're named Lindsay Lohan and are in desperate need of publicity) so I'm not sure it's that either. I do realize that most A-listers are vain and in constant need of self-affirmation, but toting around pictures of oneself in the nude has to be the height of self-absorption doesn't it? Which reminds me, I really do need to delete those pictures of the missus from our holiday...

Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment